Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Soup is liquid comfort. - Author Unknown

The weather outside today was awful. What made it even worse was when I walked, against the wind and snow, to work only to find out that it was closed for the day. When I got back to my apartment, I decided that I needed some kind of pick-me-up and lunch. That's when I remembered that there's nothing better on a cold and miserable day than comfort food! My heart smiled when I opened my fridge to find leftover homemade mac and cheese from my mom that I had forgotten about (but it was still good, so I hadn't forgotten it for that long). My day quickly turned around when I was eating that mac and cheese, and got even better when I was lying in bed with a nice hot chocolate while catching up on television shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment