Sunday, March 18, 2012

If you have the will to win, you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure. - David Ambrose

Today isn't even half over, but I already know what my smiling heart moment is for the day!  I've set some goals for myself, one is to be able to run a certain distance, the other to get to a certain weight by July.  Well, for someone who isn't a runner and who has been working on losing weight for a while now with no success, I was a little unsure as to whether or not I'd be able to do it.  But, I refused to give up and wanted to at the very least be able to say I gave it my all and hopefully see some results, if not exactly what I was hoping for.  However, today I did it!  I haven't yet reached my weight goal, but not only did I reach my running goal, but I exceeded it! I ran an extra 1.3km than I planned on!  My heart smiled when I got off the treadmill, my legs shaking like jelly and knowing that I accomplished a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment