Friday, September 16, 2011

Good fortune shies away from gloom.  Keep your spirits up.  Good things will come to you and you will come to good things. - Glorie Abelhas

It always makes me sad to see missing posters for family pets.  One of my biggest fears is that Forest or Gump could one day go missing, and so my heart always breaks whenever I see that another person or family is living my fear.  Recently there's been a ton of missing posters for a family dog named Buddy hanging around my town, and there's a sign on our mailbox right now for a missing black and white cat.  It just breaks my heart to think about those poor animals.

So, obviously it makes me happy to hear about a story where the family and their pet is reunited.  Today I read an article in the Toronto Star about a cat that was found after being missing for five years, 2 500 km away from its home.  Reading the article made my heart smile, and I hope that Buddy and the black and white cat are just as lucky.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1054908--cat-that-went-missing-5-years-ago-found-2-500-kilometres-away?bn=1

No comments:

Post a Comment