Friday, September 28, 2012

Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose - a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye. - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley,Frankenstein, 1818

This past month has been a total whirlwind.  At times I've felt so overwhelmed by new information, deadlines, and facing my anxiety of public speaking and meeting new people, but I've always felt this sense of "this is where I belong."

However, with being so busy, it's meant that I haven't been around that often and haven't been able to spend the amount of quality time that I like to spend with those I care about.  When I am around, I feel like my head is elsewhere, and a good chunk of the time, I'm just not around.

But, today I got to spend some time with Chris, which felt nice to be able to do.  We didn't do anything spectacular, but play video games, watch an episode of Firefly, and lie around.  And really, that made my heart smile.  Just having the opportunity to turn my mind off and relax for a couple of hours did it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment