Saturday, July 27, 2013

Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them. - Author Unknown

I picked the quote because it's definitely something I'm going to have to remember to do during the upcoming days and weeks.  Everything seems so much more stressful the past couple of days with my move to Kuwait coming closer and closer.  At times I feel totally overwhelmed and everything seems so scary.

So, I need to think about those little things.

Today we had a great pre-Thanksgiving dinner (no turkey, though, because the turkey is huge and there wasn't enough of us to justify cooking the whole thing).  It was tasty, with homemade stuffing with bacon and wine (two things I won't be having soon!).  It was really nice, and my heart is now smiling while I sit here waiting to take my maple sugar pie out of the oven.  So instead of focusing on the unknown, I can focus on the delicious meal I just had, and maybe I'll suggest a game night or movie for the rest of the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment