Monday, October 17, 2011

A laugh is a smile that bursts. - Mary H. Waldrip

I felt absolutely horrible last night.  I couldn't look at the television, couldn't look at my computer, and any light just made it unbearable.  My sinus' started feeling a bit clogged.  I set my alarm, crawled into bed, and had an awful sleep.

Alarm went off in the morning, I looked at the time, and realized I meant to set the clock an hour earlier.  Which meant I had a total of 15 minutes to get out of the house and catch my bus.  I rushed around like crazy, ran to the bus, and thought that I had made it in time because there was a bunch of people standing around.  Five minutes later the bus shows up, and it's a high school special.  I missed my bus.  So I quickly called my mom at work to see if she had any money in the house that I could borrow for a taxi.  Found out all she has is some spare change.  Called and woke up my sister, who told me she had none.  Started walking home from the bus stop thinking that I was screwed, when my sister called me back up and told me to stay at the stop, take the bus to the GoTrain station, take money out of the ATM there and taxi to work from there because it'll cost less.  I followed her advice, the bus came about ten minutes later, and, to my surprise, made it to the GoTrain station early so that I was still able to make my connection bus to work!

So, while my day started off with everything going wrong, it made my heart smile when I realized that it was all going to work out in the end anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment