Sunday, June 10, 2012

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. - Hugh Downs

I recently took up jogging, which is pretty random for me.  I never really enjoyed running and only did as a means to an end, and never just for fun.  However, I got it in my head that I should be able to run for the Colon Cancer Walk/Run this year.  I trained and trained and trained, and was finally able to run 10km (you could do the 5 or 10km).  Today was the day that I got to put my training into practice, and although I wasn't able to run the 10km (was going to try, but the heat and humidity was absolutely unbearable and my cushy gym didn't allow for factoring that into my training), I was able to do the 5km.

So, suffice to say, my heart smiled when I past the finished line.  This time last year I wouldn't have even imagined that I'd be writing this right now and I certainly wasn't thinking of taking up jogging.  It's always a great feeling when you manage to accomplish something that you never thought you'd be able to accomplish.

And I already have plans to run 10km next year, regardless of the heat and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment