Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. - Yiddish Proverb

I have two things that made my heart smile today.

After writing a long email to my lovely friend in Australia, I went to go get the mail.  To my surprise, I had a package in the mail coming from the same friend in Australia!  My heart immediately started smiling then, because who doesn't love getting international mail?  When I opened the package, my heart was smiling even harder when I saw that her husband had sent me a baseball cap and scarf from his favourite Aussie Rules Football team, the Hawks.  The scarf is already joining the other Aussie scarf I have for the Bombers.  I'm pretty sure I have more Australian sports memorabilia than I do Canadian!

This is so simple, but I have to post this anyway.  One of my cats, Gump, used to be an outdoor cat but is now an indoor cat.  The transition started a year ago and has not been easy.  So on nice days, he is normally sitting at the front or back door watching as the outside world goes on without him and waiting for the perfect opportunity to slip out.  Normally when he is doing this, it's impossible to get his attention.  But today, my heart smiled when I called his name, and not only did he come to me, but he ran to me.  He just seemed so happy to have someone call his name, it was almost like he was skipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment