Thursday, July 7, 2011

A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life's worthwhile. - Author Unknown

This is the first summer in three years that I haven't worked at the fire hall, and I have to admit, it almost doesn't feel like summer because of this.  I miss the place, and I struggled with deciding whether or not I should go when the camp was running or just stay away.  Then, two weeks ago I decided that it wasn't worth fighting against wanting to go and see everyone again, and waterball is the perfect day to go.  So I bit the bullet and went in during a camp day, and I'm glad I did.

It was nice to go back, see everyone, share my pictures, see waterball, and talk with some of the new instructors.  Also, I didn't feel out of place, which was a huge relief.

My heart was smiling today when I went to the fire hall and got to sit in the kitchen with some of my favourites from there, and just talk, show off my pictures, and joke around.  It's not something overly exciting, but it was just right, and sometimes that's all it takes to get my heart smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment