Saturday, July 14, 2012

A happy thought is like a seed that sows positivity for all to reap. - Miriam Muhammad

I'm going to do today's and yesterday's again.

After I finished work yesterday, I decided to head over to the Starbucks for the free drink they were giving out.  I got the Cool Lime Refresher, which was, by the way, amazing (and would've been my smiling heart moment if not for the second bit).  After I headed up to my sister's work, waited for her to finish, then we caught the first of two buses together.  The bus ended up being late and if we took it all the way to the station, we would have definitely missed our connecting bus.  So instead we got off a bit earlier, and made a run for the second.  We were cutting it tight and realized this, but we were both so hot and exhausted, that we figured it would be worth the risk if it meant we could be home half an hour earlier.

As we got to just across the street from the bus stop, we saw the bus.  My sister and I started waving frantically, hoping that the driver would not only see us, but also take pity on us being out in the heat and would wait for us.  Both of our hearts smiled when he stopped and waited!  I don't think people often realize how doing small acts of kindness like that can really make a person have an amazing day.  When we both got home, I sent an email to the bus company letting them know how much we appreciated what he did, and I hope that they put that in his file for him.

Today I was incredibly lucky to be taken to the ROM for my birthday!  I love dinosaurs, and the ROM has a special exhibit on for them right now, so Chris took me to see it.  We had a great day, checking out the temporary and permanent dinosaur exhibit, as well as many others.  It was just chilled, relaxed, and the air conditioning definitely helped.  After we went across the street to Gabby's for lunch/dinner, and I was incredibly impressed to see my favourite beer, New Castle Dark Ale, was on tap!  So I'd have to say that my whole day was a smiling heart moment and great start to my birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment