Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness." - Author Unknown

A week ago, my Careers class finished. For the last day of class, I decided to play the Game of Life with my students. It's my sister's favourite board game and she has three versions of it. She was nice enough to let me borrow it and share the games with my students. Some of them never played the game before and immediately were enthralled by it. After class they came up to me and asked if they could play it over the weekend.

And they did. From 6pm-11:30pm on Saturday. I don't even know how many games that is.

Yesterday they asked to play it again and started looking at some of the other games we have in the Residence Office. I know that some of them are fans of Sherlock Holmes and like mysteries, so I recommended Clue. After dinner, I taught them how to play. It was such a great opportunity to bond with a small group of students. They loved the game and we were able to laugh together. I feel really lucky to have the job that I do because it gives me these opportunities.

With that being said, today's happy moment was leaving work. I worked in the office from Friday - Sunday, left for the afternoon on Monday, and have been there since Monday evening. It was nice to leave for a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment