Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" - Kurt Vonnegut

These past two years have been amazing years. I've started my career, traveled all over the world, lived in a different country, live in a castle, and have met some incredible people. It's been a time of great personal growth for myself and I'm constantly learning about all of the things I can do if I put my mind to it and push outside of my boundaries and comfort zone.

And yet, through all of that, I frequently find myself losing sight of what's really important. Instead of focusing on all of these positives, I find myself thinking about how I wanted things to be or nitpicking on the little day to day stuff that has gotten under my skin.

So this year, for my New Year's resolution, I want to follow Kurt Vonnegut's advice and take a moment and stop and think, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." I started this project several years ago and have decided to bring it back to life. This will help me to intentionally stop each day and reflect on something (and there's always something) that's made my heart smile.

Today, my heart smiled when I got to see all of my friends again after the break. It's always nice to have a holiday, and I certainly enjoy lying in front of the couch with my sweatpants and cat, but it's nice to laugh, talk, and catch up with friends again.

Here's to 2016! Let it be filled with smiling hearts, laughter, and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment