Monday, January 11, 2016

"Happiness is only real when shared." - Jon Krakauer

Today my residence family and I celebrated Christmas. Normally schools celebrate before the winter holidays, but my students wanted to celebrate after. Most went home to China over the holidays, and they like having the opportunity to buy something extra special from home for their Secret Santa.

For me, the best part of tonight was seeing all of the girls happy, chatting, and catching up with one another. Some came over early to bake cookies and help set up. My cookie bakers had never baked cookies before, which made the experience extra special for all of us. The food turned out delicious, the girls were excited to exchange presents (they've been waiting for over a month!), and we chatted happily about everything possible.

The entire time I thought to myself, "I'm one of the luckiest people ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment