Friday, August 19, 2011

Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come. - Chinese Proverb

I've been having a rough couple of days.  I've just been going through the blahs, and it's really starting to get frustrating.  I've been doing everything I can to not let them get me down, but it's still not really all that fun.  But just a couple minutes ago I came across a moment that really reminded me about why I started this blog to begin with.  Sometimes we have bad days, but that doesn't mean those days completely lack small, little moments, that bring a smile to our heart.  It doesn't necessarily make the bad day turn into a good day, but we should still recognize those moments.

A little bit of background on why this moment made my heart smile.  I have two cats, Forest and Gump.  Forest hates Gump, and Gump is always annoying/play attacking Forest.  So our family lacks cute pictures of the two cats cuddling together like you see in calendars and those animal emails.  On top of that, Gump seems to hate my new room lay out since I moved my furniture from school back home.  He used to always sleep on my bedroom floor, but now he doesn't.  In fact, the only proof I have of him sleeping in my room is a picture that my sister took with her phone when I was in Swaziland.  Because apparently my room is ok for him when I'm not on the same continent as him.

So, with all of that in mind, my heart smiled when I ran into my room to quickly grab something and saw this:


As soon as I saw this, I quickly ran downstairs to grab my camera which incidentally was already in my bedroom.  So I ran back upstairs, found it, took this picture, and then lay down on the far side of my bed with my head closest to Forest (because Gump doesn't always like being touched, so I decided to not push my luck and cuddled with Forest) and rested for about five minutes before Gump got up and left us.  And my heart was smiling the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment