Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles. - Washington Irving

It was pouring rain today!  I couldn't believe it.  It's so strange to go from so many dry days, to that much rain.  Our pool almost overfilled due to it all.  During part of the real downpour, I was walking to meet a friend for some delicious Jamaican jerk chicken.  As I was crossing the parking lot to get to where I needed to be, a guy pulled up beside me and asked if I was walking far in the rain.  I told him I wasn't, and pointed to where I was heading (a ten second walk, easily), when he said, "Good.  If you were going much further, I'd offer you a lift.  I'd hate to be out walking in that!"  Now obviously this could've been a creepy guy looking to pick up some unsuspecting and naive girl before he raped and killed her ala Criminal Minds style, but my heart smiled to think that maybe this guy really was a genuine guy who just wanted help someone out in the rain.  We need decent folks like that, and I'd like to think he's one of them!

(The amazing jerk chicken ((for only $2.75!)) and the great company I had while eating the chicken also made my heart smile, but doesn't make as great of a story)

No comments:

Post a Comment