Friday, August 26, 2011

Unhappiness is best defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations. - Edward de Bono, Observer, 12 June 1977

I had a really stressful day yesterday and just felt all tense all day.  When bedtime finally rolled around, I was carrying Forest to bed when she started growling at me.  Forest growling at me is nothing new, and is in fact a bit of a family joke.  But what I really love is when Forest makes this noise that I can't really describe, but I do like to mimic.  The best example I can come up with is this (it's not the best quality youtube video, but it's the best I could find to show this):


Anyway, when Forest started growling, I started making that noise, and then Forest looked at me, stopped growling, and returned the noise right back at me.  It made my heart smile to have Forest respond to my "Ffft Ffft Ffft-ing."  (She's now sitting on my lap purring, but she wasn't too happy when I played the clip from Aristocats).

No comments:

Post a Comment