Monday, October 8, 2012

Got no checkbooks, got no banks,/ Still I'd like to express my thanks - /I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. - Irving Berlin, "I Got the Sun in the Morning," 1946

I have to say that if ever there was a time to update this blog, it's on Thanksgiving.  The whole point of this was to remind myself of all the small things and moments that I have every single day to be thankful for.  And even though I don't update this even close to regularly, it has helped me to think about those times.

It's been an amazing weekend.  For starters, it was a long weekend, which is something I am most definitely thankful for.  While I love school tremendously and have met some amazing people and learned some amazing things, it's nice to have a mini break.  Although this break was not nearly long enough.  But enough of that.

The last couple of weeks that I've worked Saturday closes, we've been swamped and the store's been a disaster when it closes.  Which means we get out later than usual, which means it sucks.  However, this Saturday, even though we were busy, my heart smiled when the door closed and I was out of work on time.

Sunday was Thanksgiving with my mom's family.  It was a pigs roast, which wasn't too smiling heart for me, but there was also a kegger, and for that, my heart was smiling.  (Plus I got to see family and all that good stuff). 

Today I got to meet Chris' extended family and have some of his grandmother's homemade lasagna.  It was everything I imagined it to be (super delicious), and his family was very nice and inviting.  My heart is still smiling knowing that that's done and went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment